Western Horse Show
Show Schedule Sept 8, 2012 - 9:00 am
Contact Tina 705-924-2868
RegistrationPlease pre-enter prior to Sept 6/2012
Click here to download the Western Horse Show Entry Form [PDF 70 Kb]
All late entries pay a $10.00 late fee
Entry FeesOpen, Youth (13 to 17) and Adults (18 and over) - $3.00/class
Pony classes (12 & under as of January 1st 2012) - $2.00/class
Stake Classes$10.00 – with $100.00 added money and 100% payback
45%, 25%, 15%, 10%, 5%
PaybacksYouth and Adults -$15, $12, $10, $9, $8
Pony (12 and under)-$10, $9, $8, $7 $6
Performance Classes1. Youth Halter
2. Adult Halter
3. Youth Showmanship
4. Adult Showmanship
15min warm up
5. Lead Line 8 & under – no cross entry
6. Walk Jog – 13 and under – no cross entry
7. Youth English Pleasure
8. Adult English Pleasure
9. Youth English Equitation
10. Adult English Equitation
15min warm up and tack change
11. 12 & Under Pony Western Pleasure
12. Youth Western Pleasure
13. Adult Western Pleasure
14. OPEN Western Pleasure Stakes Class - ($10 Entry - $100 added money)
15. 12 & Under Pony Western Horsemanship
16. Youth Western Horsemanship
17. Adult Western Horsemanship
18. 12 & Under Pony Command
19. Youth Command
20. Adult Command
30min Linch and Warm Up
Gaming Classes21. 12 & Under Pony Barrels
22. Youth Barrels
23. Adult Barrels
24. Open Stake Barrels ($10 entry - $100 added money)
25. 12 & Under Keyhole
26. Youth Keyhole
27. Adult Keyhole
28. 12 & Under Pony Flag
29. Youth Flag
30. Adult Flag
31. 12 & Under Pony Poles
32. Youth Poles
33. Adult Poles
34. 12 & Under Pony Dash
35. Youth Dash
36. Adult Dash
Rules and Regulations1. All rules and regulations are governed by the Percy Agricultural Society.
2. The judge’s decision is final.
3. Any person under the age of 18 years must wear a CSA approved riding helmet at all times while mounted (no bicycle or hockey helmets).
4. There will be no refund of membership or entry fees.
5. A rider/handler’s age is considered as of January 1, 2012.
6. A pony is 14.2hh and under. To enter a “Pony” class, the rider/handler must be 12 years of age as of January 1, 2012 or younger.
6a. If the horse is taller than 14.2hh, the horse/rider combination must enter the “Youth” classes, regardless of the rider/handler’s age.
6b. If the horse is under 14.2hh, but the rider/handler is older than 12 years, the horse/rider combination must ride in the appropriate age group based on the age of the rider/handler.
7. A horse/rider combination may only enter in one age category.
8. Due to time constraints, please notify the show announcer or ring steward of any tack changes at least 3 classes ahead of time. Rider/handlers must be ready at the ingate before their class as they will not be allowed to enter once the class is closed.
9. No club member or member of the directors or executive shall be held liable for any damage to property, personal injury, or stolen goods.
10. All exhibitors must wear appropriate attire. For Gaming classes this includes a collared, button-down shirt, cowboy hat or helmet, and boots.
11. Any stallion must be shown by a rider/handler 19 years or older.
12. In the Flag class, the flag barrel must remain standing in order for the participant to receive a time. The participant also may not cross the flag over the horse in order to put it in; the flag must be replaced from the opposite side of the barrel from which it was removed.
13. There will be no running starts for Gaming events.
14. Loss of a hat at anytime during a gaming run (including before and after the timer) will result in a one (1) second penalty.
15. A fall of the horse or rider during any class will result in disqualification from that event.
16. A knockdown in a games event will result in a five (5) second penalty per barrel or Pole.
17. All exhibitors must show proof of liability insurance